It’s Cool I’ve Had My Shots Shirt, hoodie, tank top

 It's Cool I've Had My Shots Shirt

Buy this product here: It’s Cool I’ve Had My Shots Shirt, hoodie, tank top

Home page:  Beutee Store

It’s Cool I’ve Had My Shots Shirt, hoodie, tank top

 The last time I saw an owl in the wild, I was around 10 years old. My father was cutting down some wood in Baltimore County, and the chainsaw must have disturbed the bird because right over our heads flew a great horned owl as perturbed as could be. For 38 years, the only place I could get a glimpse of the wise old bird was in a zoo or aviary. Therefore, it became my mission to find an owl in the wild.

My family and I traveled to Cambridge, Maryland, this past March. We visited Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge and the Harriet Tubman visitors center. From the many photographs others posted from the refuge, it looked as though an owl sighting was in our future. Eastern screech owls seemed to thrive in the hollowed-out trees of this area. We spent days seeing osprey, a variety of ducks, a species of grebe, killdeer, numerous American eagles and red-winged black birds but no owls. Not a single one.

About two weeks after we returned from our trip to Cambridge, my son came home to tell us an egret was at one of the drainage ponds in our neighborhood. My husband, daughter and I walked down to see the egret, and as we continued along the path, we came upon a huge sycamore tree with an owl’s nesting box. My husband paused to ask if there was something in it. There was. My daughter laughed as I exclaimed, “It’s really happening!” There was my owl, a beautiful barred owl right in my own neighborhood. My latest spark bird mission was complete. Now, if anyone knows where an indigo bunting is hiding out, let me know.

Shannon Green writes from Frederick.

 

 

Visit our Social Network: Beutee Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Our blog Beutee over-blog, beuteenet blogspot

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now go home and get your shine box William Devino vintage shirt, hoodie, tank top

LGBT With Liberty And Justice For All Shirt, hoodie, tank top

Kinda Busy Being A Realtor And A Dog Mom Shirt, hoodie